1. Gates PowerGrip marking is white. It is quite difficult to erase.
2. If a 5-digit alphanumeric code is applied to a Gates belt, this code will be the same on every belt of that type.
3. The utmost right figures of the belt marking of a genuine PowerGrip® belt do are different on every belt. they consist of 3 consecutive figures.
4. The place of manufacturing is mentioned on every Gates belt.
1. PowerGrip® belts that either do not have a white marking or that can be easily erased are fake.
2. If a belt contains several different 5 digit alphanumeric codes, it is a fake.
3. If you have bought several belts and all of the belts contain the same utmost right figures (or if these figures are not consecutive) you are dealing with counterfeit products
4. Fake belts offen don’t mention the place of production.
1. On the original tensioner the Gates logo has been engraved very clearly and is readable.
1. On the fake tensioner the engravement is not as deep and therefore not as clear.
1. The original is clean and dry.
1. On the inside of the fake tensioner you can see traces of grease, which can lead to the accumulation of dust and dirt and subsequently malfunctioning of the tensioner
1. In each Gates PowerGrip® box a mileage sticker is inserted.
1. A packaging with Gates logo, which doesn’t contain a sticker is fake. If the packaging contains a copy – it is also fake